Sunday, June 29, 2008

Mid-Summer Mountain Triune Faire

This past weekend was the 2nd Annual Mid-Summer Mountain Triune Faire, at Abrams Creek, in Mount Storm, WV. We left Friday afternoon, and just returned a few hours ago. It was 48 hours of complete relaxation and bliss. Friday opened with a blessing, and then Saturday there were workshops on Wicca 101, Getting in contact with the Goddess inside, and how to work with energy. A Reiki Master is a member of the coven and was doing healing treatments, there were a few tarot readers, and one woman converted one of the cabins into a store! I ended up buying The Witches Almanac, a nice pentagram ring, and a beautiful Ouija board. This board is unlike any other I've seen before. The letters and numbers are randomized making it much more liar proof!



ShadowDancer, I took your picture to use for this because I don't have a camera other than the one on my Blackberry and it just wasn't giving me a picture that would show this boards true beauty!

I also made a youtube video. It's just a compilation of video's shot from my phone from around Abrams Creek. Take a look at it:



Jim and I also had an information table set up about Animal Rights, and we tried to do some outreach at the event. A few people decided to come take a look and the children loved the stickers. We had a few interesting conversations, and I was able to explain some of the evils of PETA to a vegan, whom was utterly shocked~

All in all, it was a fantastic weekend. I got some much needed rest and relaxation, and was able to connect with nature again without having to worry about the everyday hustle and bustle.

No comments: