Friday, June 20, 2008

The People That Helped Me Along The Way....

There are a few particular people that I have been very honored to cross paths with in the past few months to year...

First, Rob and Angie Bowen. Rob has a fantastic podcast The Angry Hippie and Angie has a wonderful Zine Dissension. They have paired up to found the monumental 1 Million Mad march which will take place on March 15th, 2009 at every State Capitol and in Washington DC. I'm very honored to be the coordinator of the march taking place in Charleston, WV!!! I'm so excited to finally jump back into my arena, the political platform. Thank you very much Rob and Angie for giving me this opportunity!

Click on the pics below to check out all their fantastic websites, and sign up to march with us in solidarity as we demand our voices back, and corporate interests eradicated:

Dissension:




The Angry Hippie's Podcast and Blog:




The 1 Million Mad March:





I also want to give mad love and props to some Vegan Freaks... Bob and Jenna Torres... I found their website and podcast Vegan Freak Radio while in the very beginning of my transition to veganism. This was a time that although I knew I was doing the right thing, I felt so alone. I was doing this all by myself... people would mock me, and offer me pizza with cheese, or tell me, "oh you could have this if you weren't going vegan." Jim hadn't decided to go vegan yet, and he would eat meat, but limit it around me so I wasn't staring at it every day. I felt at this point that No One understood me, and that everyone was looking down on me... Bob and Jenna helped me so much!!! After a couple of episodes, the fire was burning to brightly under my ass, that shit was on fire! I had more confidence and knew that I was doing the right thing, and everyone else could not bring me down! Thanks so much Bob and Jenna! Please check out their website as well. It is very informative, educational, and thought provoking! Click on the pic below to check them out as well!


Vegan Freak Radio

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome blog you got here jodi! And such kind words in Angie and my favor that we are truly honored! You are amazing, and it's great to have your words finding their way back to the web. We need more outspoken folks out there, before it's too late.